Hurray! The route is here! It traveled far and it made it all the way here to our own little website to spend some time with us. We love you, Route!
Sometimes GoogleMaps is slow to load, so here are the detailed directions for your convenience.
Love Park: Meeting Spot – in front of the LOVE statue, of course! Bring your friends and bike lights! Friday, Feb 24 7pm
1. Head South on 15th St. toward Walnut.
2. Turn Right onto Walnut, stop at Rittenhouse square
Rittenhouse Square: Dancing Spot #1
We have to got show Rittenhouse some love! Gotta dig dancing on those stone walls and letting it all hang out, too.
3. Head West on Walnut, circle around Rittenhouse.
4. Bear Left after crossing Spruce St.
5. Turn Left onto Pine St.
6. Head East on Pine. Bear left after crossing 17th St.
7. Turn Left onto 17th St. Head North to Locust St.
8. Turn Right onto Locust St. Head East toward Broad St.
9. Turn Right onto Broad St. Head South toward Pine St.
10. Stop at UArts main building.
University of the Arts: Dancing Spot #2
The beautifully lit steps of their main hall is our dance spot of choice.
11. Cross Broad, head East on Pine, bear left to 13th St.
12. Turn Right onto Market St. Head East to 5th St.
13. Turn Left onto 13th St. Head North to Market St.
14. Stop at 5th & Market. Dance!
Independence Mall: Dancing Spot #3.
Stop! Dance! Celebrate the new elevator to the El! Show the tourists how much fun living here is. Enjoy life in the birthplace of our freedom.
15. Head east on Market to 3rd St. Bear Left after crossing 4th St.
16. Turn Left onto 3rd St. Head North to Race St.
17. Turn Right onto Race St. Continue under underpass.
18. Continue on Race. Cross Columbus Blvd.
19. Stop at Race Street Pier. (Dance!)
Race Street Pier: Dancing Spot #5
Have you seen this yet? It’s gorgeous! Plus it has all different levels to hop around, and it’s back-lit by the river. Add your bike and your most recent crush and you’ve got the perfect recipe for a post-Valentine’s Day romance. Spaghetti, anyone?
20. Turn Right onto Delaware Ave. Continue North to Spring Garden.
21. Turn Left onto Spring Garden. Head West to 3rd St.
22. Turn Right onto 3rd St. Head north to Liberty Lands Park.
23. Stop just before Wildey St and Dance!
Liberty Lands Park: Dancing Spot # 6
Hop on the stage and dance with us! Enjoy the trees and the clean air in a community park.
24. Turn Right onto Wildley St. Head East toward N American St.
25. Turn Left onto N American St. Head North to Germantown Ave.
26. Turn Right onto Germantown Ave. Head South to Hancock St.
27. Turn Right onto N. Hancock St. Stop at PYT.
PYT – Ending spot + After Party: Dancing Spot #7
PYT is hosting us for some after-hours booty shaking! Drink specials and more rad DJ’ing, the party never stops!
Thanks so much to Fairmount Bicycles for posting this rad note ab us:
If you’ve ever had the urge to combine your love for cycling and dance parties, be sure to join others at Love Park this February 24th at 7pm for just that. Sync up your boomboxes, ride around Philly, and stop at predetermined locations for some booty shaking. More info at phillybikeparty.org.
JOIN US ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24TH FOR MORE BOOMBOXBANGING
(time and route TBA)
Want to help plan the route make an awesome playlist or hand out some stickers? Come to the meeting on January 29, 6:30pm, 1318 Walnut St.
Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com